June 18, 2020
Our office is open daily from 8:00am-4:30pm for your routine, emergency and surgical eye care needs.
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment time
- Mask REQUIRED
- Social distancing REQUIRED
- NEW waiting room setup
- Temperature Recorded at Check-in
- Advance Sanitation Procedures Implemented
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Face masks are required at Washington Eye Physicians & Surgeons
Washington Eye Physicians & Surgeons is requiring staff, patients and visitors to wear a face covering or mask to slow the spread of COVID-19. Please bring your own face mask or covering to wear while at our office. We are asking our patients not to bring friends or family into our office unless it is critical to your exam or mobility into the waiting room. Please arrive at your scheduled time to help us avoid waiting room crowding. Please practice social distancing while at our office. We have arranged our waiting room to make this easier.
Temperatures will be taken before registering at the front desk. If your temperature is greater than 99.6 degrees, you will not be registered and will be rescheduled. Please reschedule your appointment for more than 14 days if you have been around anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or have one of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
We also provide our patients with alcohol-based hand sanitizer in the reception area as well as throughout our office. In addition, every member of our team performs hand hygiene protocols before, during, and after all appointments and procedures (e.g., hand washing with antimicrobial soap and water, alcohol-based hand rub, or antiseptic hand wash). We wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when caring for all our patients. We also disinfect exam rooms between each patient. Our office is deep cleaned every night by our cleaning service.
Monday, March 23, 2020
The guidelines for COVID-19 are constantly changing. Therefore, we are constantly changing to help protect our staff and patients. We have limited doctors and staff so we are currently only seeing patients with VISION EMERGENCIES.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Thursday, March 19, 2020
As Healthcare Providers, we remain open so that we can continue to serve our community.These are unprecedented times. It is our intention to continue to meet all of our patient’s eye care needs while doing our part to keep each patient, and our staff, safe.
As always, we continue to practice universal precautions such as hand washing, disinfecting equipment and surfaces that contact patients and staff, and using personal protective equipment when necessary. We will continue to be diligent with these practices in light of COVID – 19.
We all need to work together to contain/mitigate the spread of COVID-19. As such, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- If you have signs/symptoms of a respiratory infection, fever, or recent travel abroad please reschedule your appointments and do not enter the waiting room.
- Temperatures will be taken before registering at the front desk. If your temperature is greater than 99.4, you will not be registered and will be sent home.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE— Please refrain from bringing family members that are not critical to your exam or mobility into the waiting room.
- Please be aware that our staff are wearing masks to help ensure your safety.
- We will closely monitor the health of our team, and no one will be allowed to come to work if they are sick.
It is always our privilege to provide your eye care needs with attention to excellence. If you have an upcoming appointment, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to provide a safe visit. If you need to change or cancel an appointment, please contact us.
The Doctors and Staff at Washington Eye Physicians & Surgeons